Ingredients (serves 4)
· 1L (4 cups) water
· 1 brown onion, halved
· 2 single chicken breast fillets
· 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
· 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
· 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
· 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage),hard core removed, finely shredded
· 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
· 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
· 2 tbs fresh lime juice
· 1 tbs fish sauce
· 2 tsp brown sugar
· 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded, chopped
1. Place water, onion and chicken in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until cooked. Drain chicken and discard onion.
2. Place carrot and snow peas in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water.
3. Shred chicken. Place chicken, carrot, snow peas, capsicum, wombok, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a jar. Pour over salad and combine. Divide among serving bowls to serve.